TECHNOLOGY & IT
A global project manager would join our new business team focused on digital transformation global projects. The project manager is responsible for communicating closely with the account manager and client project executive stakeholders to understand the requirements in order to plan the project budget, schedule, and resources. Since these projects will be a part of a digital transformation new business initiative, the project manager must be able to take roadmaps and high-level visions into a workable implementation plan.
This position requires a high level of creativity to visualize new concepts and translate them into executable digital solutions.Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting VOC (Voice of Customers) workshops to understand customers’ pain points and roadblocks
- Analyze VOC data, propose and present digital transformation project proposals to client counterparts
- Manage all aspects of communication between our team based in the US, technology start-ups based in the US, and clients in Japan or Japanese companies located in the US
- Negotiate contractual scope with client counterparts
- Manage escalated issues from development teams and client teams
- Responsible for coordinating change management requests as they arise
- Work in both waterfall and agile development environments, and bridge any procedural and cultural gap as needed.
- Conduct user testing to validate features of new products as a part of the agile development process
- Stay up to date with the latest digital software development trends and technology
- Due to the time difference between Japan and the West/ East Coast, there is an expectation to work flex hours.
Global project manager requires creativity to navigate culturally sensitive environments and familiarity with the latest technology in order to execute their role. Specific skill sets requirements include:
- 5+ years of experience working on a global project involving stakeholders in Japan and at least one other country
- 5+ years of experience working on software development projects end-to-end (from Ideation to implementation)
- Ability to think outside the box and turn vision and concepts into project plans
- Strong discipline working with ITIL and PMP framework
- Strong analytical ability and consultant qualities
- Excellent ability to present new concepts succinctly and convince stakeholders
- Work independently in a remote work environment and communicate clearly with team members
- Nice to have: exposure to AI/ML, Business intelligence technology or digital marketing projects
- Business level English and Business level Japanese is a must.