ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
ミッドタウンの日系金融機関でAccountant を募集します。 Long Term Temporary position: This position is responsible for initiating and coordinating accounting, bookkeeping, audit, and administrative details. Assists Vice Presidents in charge to supervise administrative assistants in effective implementation of general affairs and secretarial functions.
1. Accounting (50%)
(1) Quarterly financial closing
- Q1 and Q3: Prepare/review Financial statements, Income Tax Provisions, Consolidation Package.
- Mid-term review: Prepare/review Engagement letter, Confirmation Letters, Standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC (Provided by Client) List, Income Tax Provisions, Consolidation package, mid-term review fieldwork.
- Year-end audit: Prepare/review Engagement letter, Confirmation letters, standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC List, Income Tax Provisions, other tax-related requirements (Tax True-up Comparison, Tax Basis in partnership), Consolidation Package, audit fieldwork, Pro-forma and Audited Financial Statements.
(2) Perform monthly closing of books
- Maintain General Ledgers, other accounting reports, schedules, and summaries.
- Prepare the Monthly Accounting Reports for submission to headquarters.
(3) Process and post all credit and debit transactions to General Ledger
- Time Deposit, partnership’s distributions and contributions, refunds, payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
(4) Handle cash management
- Cash Distributions to/from partnerships, wire/book transfer applications, time deposits purchases, and maturities, etc.
(5) Prepare government filing documents
- Confirm and ensure timely filing and payment of Corporation Income Taxes, paper filing or e-filing
- Prepare mandatory survey reports
- Prepare and file annual reports:
- Prepare Forms 1099 MISC (Miscellaneous Income) and Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns).
- Prepare documents for Asset Evaluation, Quarterly financial reporting package, source documents for AJE/EJEs over $10M.
(6) Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms
- Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms pertaining to government notices, correspondences, government examinations, and other related issues that require prompt response/action.
- Prepare tax projection.
- Maintain EXCEL Accounting and Sage Accounting system.
2. Accounting (15%)
- Prepare annual financial closing.
- Make monthly accounting reports.
- Prepare tax filings, such as corporate tax, local tax, and sales & used tax.
- Prepare the internal and external auditing.
3. Accounting of common matter throughout Accounting 1 and 2 (15%)
- Process all Accounts Payable transactions.
- Attends other accounting matters requested by the supervisor(s).
- Performs other projects and related duties as assigned.
- Works closely with Vice President(s) on accounting practice to facilitate efficient internal control.
- Recommends improvements or changes in accounting procedures in compliance with new as well as existing regulations.
- Update manuals periodically: Accounting manual, Tax Provision Preparation, Quarterly Financial Closing and Audit Preparation manuals.
- Sharing the accounting procedures and know-how to team members.
- Plans and executes overall efficiency improvements of accounting works.
* Both companies merged
- Provides conducive and effective office environment by maintaining office equipment, supplies, and furniture; repairs them if needed,
- Receives, sends, and files letters and facsimiles,
- Attends visitors and messengers; contacts the appropriate person or department for direction or leads visitors to an assigned conference room,
- Notifies supervisor immediately of any difficult or unusual situation in the reception area and throughout the office,
- Orders and maintains office supplies as needed,
- Sharing the general affairs procedures and know-how to team members,
- Plans and executes overall efficiency improvements of general affairs.
- Provides secretarial supports to the President and Vice President(s),
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
A function is carried out under the general and moderate work instructions from the Vice President(s) in charge under the established office practices, procedures, and precedents.
- At least three years of corporate tax filing and financial closing, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of corporate policies and procedures of accounting, auditing, tax, and the general affairs functions,
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machines and equipment,
- Organizing abilities for priority setting and attending to details,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business visitors, and the general public,
- Sufficient skill in operating PC,
- Basic knowledge of the Company and the building security requirements and procedure.
Other & Miscellaneous:
- Assignments are usually semi-routine in nature and are carried out in accordance with general work instructions and established office practices, procedures and precedents.
- The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee may be assigned responsibilities not identified on this description.
This position involves a high degree of confidential information.