This position is responsible for managing departmental sales and customer service activities to achieve the company’s sales objectives by performing the following duties or accomplishing them though subordinate managers.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
• Coordinates the compiling of lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trades shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Assigns sales territories, regions and accounts among company’s sales team.
• Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote product.
• Meets with key customers, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas to proposed client base expansion.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
• Determines customer viability and potential for new business.
• Coordinates collection activities regarding delinquent accounts.
• Handles cargo shipment arrangement for key customers.
• Directs and/or handles investigation and resolution of customer problems
• Oversees assigned departmental, branch or local organizations of the region. Ensures that all policies and procedures are developed; business plan strategies, time lines, goals, etc. are monitored and followed.
• Monitors and reviews employees’ work activities through individual meetings, departmental and group meetings to ensure that all activities are proceeding smoothly to the plan.
• Motivates, develops and mentors employees for improved job performance.
• Develops and presents to Senior Management matters requiring decisions regarding departmental activities.
• Prepares and submits monthly sales reports and past due accounts reports.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have between four and six years of previous experience in a similar position.
• Bilingual in Japanese and English.