General Position Summary:
This position is responsible for General Accounting activities, Under minimum supervision, this position performs following essential job functions by exercising discretion and independent judgement. The Sr. Accountant must have a broad understanding accounting and possesses enough knowledge to solve wide range of problems including those that are not listed in the manual while adhering to the USGAAP principles
Accounting & Reporting
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Reports and analyzes monthly financial results to Accounting Manager.
• Performs weekly, monthly, and annual reconciliation of GL accounts with sub-ledgers.
• Manages department schedule to achieve timely month-end and year-end close.
• Resolves or proposes resolutions to Manager the issues related with assigned accounting tasks.
• Gathers information and draft financial statements.
• Assists Accounting Manager to auditor’s requests and inquiries.
• Analyzes and implement new accounting standard; ASC842 and ASC606.
• Ensures good internal controls are maintained across the company.
• Record transactions utilizing ASPIRE per review and analysis of lease agreements.
• Reviews legal agreements related with the departmental work and ensure reporting requirements are met
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
• Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Accounting Manager, such as lease system implementation.
• Research and report interpretation of accounting policy and regulations.
• Train and supervise accountant(s) to ensure adherence to USGAAP.
• Offer lead guidance to designated accounting support personnel in areas of coaching and monitoring daily work performance.
• Evaluate finished tasks of other accountant(s) for completeness, preciseness, and conformance with principles and prerequisites.
• Carry out performance assessments, clarify procedures and policies to staff through training procedures or other methods.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent experience
• US GAAP – more than 5 years
• CPA License Holder or Candidate
• Be able to identify accounting errors and independently find solutions with minimal supervision
• Time management, work-load planning
• Strong leadership abilities including communication and interpersonal skills
Tools & Equipment
•General office equipment including personal computer, phones, fax, copier, scanner, calculator, postage machine, etc.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.